What is the best ash vacuum cleaner?
In the wintertime, one of the most enjoyable activities to do, without a doubt, is to sit and relax in front of a fireplace. The sense of peace, tranquility, and joy you feel is almost unmatched.
Until it is time to clean the fireplace to take away the fun and comfort, that is why, when doing this mandatory task, it is best to have the help of an efficient vacuum cleaner, in this case, ash.
In light of this, I took on searching the web for what could be considered the best ash vacuum cleaners on the market. Next, I leave you a list to guide you when buying and decide which ash vacuum cleaner is the most convenient for you.
- Versatile: designed for cold ash pickup from wood stoves, pellet stoves, fireplaces, fire pits, and BBQ grills
- Easy to clean: reusable fine dust cartridge filter resists clogging and is easy to clean
- DUAL FILTRATION: Pre-filter pleated filter to clean ashes dust-free
- Powerful: 4 amp motor generates up to 500 W of suction power. Cord Length (feet.) 8.5.Voltage:120 V
- We’ve got you covered! : your new ash vacuum is backed by the Snow Joe + sun Joe customer promise. We will warrant...
- Super Ash Vacuum is a multi-use vauccum – including regular dry-shop vacuum uses – that is ideal for almost any...
- Double-stage filtration system prevents fine dust particles from escaping into your breathing space and protects the...
- Filling level indicator informs you when it is time to empty the canister. 10-Amp motor with heating protection provides...
- 5-foot(1.5-meter) extended lined-metal hose and a 15-foot (4.5-meter) cable allows for flexible cleaning around corners...
- Includes: Container lid, Metal container, Flexible metal suction hose, Aluminum suction tube, HEPA filter, Filter bag,...
- 【Specially Designed for Ash】Designed for cold ash pickup from wood stoves, pellet stoves, fireplaces, fire pits and...
- 【Cordless & Versatile】Without cords, you can use this powerful vacuum anywhere. Whether it’s right by your...
- 【Double-Stage Filtration System】KIMO Power Ash Vacuum is equipped with double-stage washable filtration system,...
- 【Proudly Present KIMO Pro Battery】Over 25 years, KIMO has kept updating its batteries to the best of its kind....
- 【Part of KIMO 20V Tools Family】Get your KIMO Power Tools and enjoy more than the vacuum in your 20V Tools...
- For Use With Warm & Cool Ash - Includes Brush Attachment, Fine Ash Attachment, Fireplace Attachment, Owners Manual
- Dual HEPA Filters - Washable & Heat Resistant
- Powerful Motor - 10Amp Motor, Quite Operation (78dB)
- 5 Gallon Canister, 7 Foot Metal Hose, 10 Foot Power Cord Standard
- 5 Year Industry Leading Warranty - The Only Ash Vacuum Designed by Pellet Stove Techs, 27+ Yrs in Business, Over 10,000...
- ♪ 【Professional vacuum】--The robust metal body is very solid and the inside of the ash tube is made of metal,...
- ♪ 【Practical Multifunction】-- Dry vacuum and blow function. This ash vacuum is perfect for variety of...
- ♪ 【Superior Quality】-- Washable fire-resistant filter system filters out the finest dust and ash to protect the...
- ♪ 【Friendly design】-- Durable hidden handle - Easy to carry; 5M power cable - Wide range of movement; Big capacity...
- ♪ 【What you get】-- 1 x TACKLIFE PVC03A Ash Vaccum Cleaner, 1 x Metal Hose, 1 x Aluminum Nozzle, 1 x User Manual; 1...
- 【DETACHABLE & WASHABLE】- The accordian filter with a filter sheet provides double filtration to prevent clogging....
- 【HIGH-QUALIFIED】- The metal body is very durable. The inside of the extension tube is made of metal, which makes...
- 【MULTIFUNCTIONAL】- With suction and blow function, this ash vac can be used in different ways. Like picking up...
- 【CONVENIENT】- 0.2 m aluminum extension tube and 5 m power cord provide a wider cleaning area, more convenient and...
- 【PURCHASE GUARANTEE】- The product has one-year assurance from the date of your purchase, If you have any...
- 🌟【HIGH-QUALIFIED】- The metal body is very durable. The inside of the extension tube is made of metal, which makes...
- 🌟【MULTIFUNCTIONAL】- With suction and blow function, this ash vac can be used in different ways. Like picking up...
- 🌟【CONVENIENT】- 0.2 m aluminum extension tube and 5 m power cord provide a wider cleaning area, more convenient...
- 🌟【DETACHABLE & WASHABLE】- The accordian filter with a filter sheet provides double filtration to prevent...
- ❗【ATTENTION】- Lose suction? Maybe the dust filter gets covered. Don't worry! Try to remove it, keep it clean and...
- HEAVY DUTY - durable stainless steel canister has a powerful 10-amp motor, metal lined hose and sturdy plastic base with...
- HEAT-RESISTANT - vacuums wash ash (not just cold ash) up to 140°F, so you don't have to freeze while your fireplace,...
- VERSATILE - clean your fireplace, wood stove, pellet stove or BBQ grill quickly and easily; use indoors or outside,...
- QUICK, CLEAN & EASY - extra-long 10'L hose, 16'L power cord, rolling design and compact size; easy to use, maneuver,...
- SUPERIOR VALUE - comes with two heavy-duty, reusable, washable filters and a bonus accessory kit with crevice tool,...
- 👍【800-w Power & 18-kPa Suction】The brushless motor provides powerful suction with relatively low noise, provides...
- ☝【15L/4Gal Capacity 】The metal container is compact and lightweight and will not take up extra space making it...
- 🍍【Flexible Metal-lined Hose】The 1-metre flexible hose has a 20-centimetre aluminum nozzle makes it easy to access...
- ✨【Fully Sealed HEPA System】The HEPA vacuum can lock small dust particles in the cleaner. While eliminating...
- 🎉【Package Includes】 1 x BA-ASH150L Ash Vacuum Cleaner, 1 x Metal-Lined Hose, 1 x Aluminum Nozzle, 1 x User...
- ✅ VERSATILE: Designed for cold ash pickup from wood stoves, pellet stoves, fireplaces, fire pits, and BBQ grills
- ✅ EASY TO CLEAN: Reusable fine dust cartridge filter resists clogging and is easy to clean
- ✅ DUAL FILTRATION: Pre-filter pleated filter to clean ashes dust-free
- ✅ POWERFUL: 5 amp motor generates up to 500 W of suction power
- ✅ HOSE LENGTH: 46. 8 inches
Tips for choosing a good ash vacuum cleaner
To know which vacuum cleaner you should buy, you must take into account some recommendations, such as the different models and characteristics of each one:
- Power: Perhaps you are not too clear on choosing your pellet vacuum cleaner, we recommend that depending on the use you will give it, you prefer a more or less powerful model. The more powerful models can greater suction capacity, which means that they remove ash and dust from the chimneys easily and quickly.
- Power: To make sure you get one of the best chimney vacuum cleaners on the market, you must be clear in situations you will use your product, as it will depend on whether you choose models with greater or lesser capacity. Some models have tanks of 15, and up to 50 liters, we recommend that you choose according to your requirements.
- Materials: The models located on the top of ash vacuum cleaners not only perfectly fulfill their vacuuming task, but they must also be made with quality materials to guarantee their useful life.
- Filters: The most recommended wood fireplace vacuum cleaners on the market must have some filter. Why? Because these filters ensure that the air is cleaner after each draw. Keep in mind that you must clean it from time to time to not lose effectiveness.
- Tube length: This section is critical if your fireplace or the places you plan to vacuum are challenging to access areas. Without a doubt, you should choose a model whose tube has a long enough length to reach those complicated places.
- Accessories: The more accessories your model has to choose the better, we recommend that you select the ones that have the largest number of nozzles at your disposal. In this way, you can cover all kinds of surfaces. Additionally, the ideal is that the nozzles withstand high temperatures.
Buying guide for the best ash fireplace vacuums of 2020
These are the most important aspects when considering buying a fireplace ash vacuum.
How powerful is it?
Power is one of the fundamental characteristics of vacuum cleaners, especially when it comes to ash vacuum cleaners. It is the power that is going to determine the level of effectiveness and efficiency of the equipment. It is essential to purchasing an ash vacuum with an adequate ability to clean all the chimney ducts and recesses and obtain the best results.
Do you vacuum the ashes well?
The second most crucial point is if the vacuum cleaner you have works well to collect ashes. There is something you should consider: not all vacuum cleaners are used to vacuum ashes, and while the latter can work to clean floors and carpets, common vacuum cleaners usually do not work for ashes, due to their nature much thinner and more delicate than other dirt. Furthermore, ash vacuum cleaners are designed to withstand high temperatures.
What type of vacuum cleaners are you looking for?
- Best Industrial Vacuums
- Best Steam Cleaner
- Best Window Cleaning Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Carpet Vacuum
- Best Vacuum Robots
- Best Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Broom Vacuums
Can it be used to vacuum up the remains of pellet stoves?
Pellet stoves are an immaculate and inexpensive heating system. Pellett is a 100% renewable fuel with low CO2 emissions. They are usually exceptionally clean and do not generate as many ashes. However, they must be cleaned every day. If you check a little on the different chimney vacuum cleaner sales pages, you will see that most of them are suitable for vacuuming pellet stoves, as long as they incorporate the necessary accessories to carry out this work.
How much noise does it make?
All vacuum cleaners produce noise. The noise will depend on the power of the vacuum cleaner and its size. The more power and size, the more noise. Suppose it’s not a problem for you, perfect. Otherwise, it is a factor to consider.
Best brands of vacuum cleaner for the wood-burning fireplace
If you are looking for information on the best brands, look no further, here are the best by far:
- Cecotec – This Spanish brand has been positioning itself over the years as one of the most consolidated manufacturers in electrical appliances and technological products. Their products stand out for their careful designs and their incredible quality at contained prices, that is why if you are looking for the best quality ash vacuum cleaner on the market, we recommend you take a look at the models they have available.
- Kärcher – German manufacturer with great popularity in the cleaning market, they are specialists in manufacturing this type of product. Its products are synonymous with quality, innovation, and performance. The best vacuum cleaners are found in this brand.
- Black and Decker – Another of the most recognized manufacturers in the world, its star products are electric tools, but its catalog is so complete and varied that it has mixers. Rice cookers, levers, food processors, air fryers, coffee makers, and vacuum cleaners. Its distinctive black and orange colors stand out in all its designs. When you buy a product from this brand, you know that you get guaranteed quality and durability.
How does an ash vacuum cleaner work?
The difference between an ash vacuum cleaner and a conventional one is in its structure and accessories used to carry out the work. For this type of cleaning, ash vacuums come with extra power and a filter system to prevent dispersing dust. Some even have HEPA filters that prevent even the tiniest particle from escaping.
Additionally, they are manufactured to withstand the waste they must collect. The hoses and nozzles are made of fire-resistant materials, either metal or highly resistant plastics.
Situations for using an ash vacuum
Fireplaces are an overall heating system today due to their beauty, practicality, and economy. Whether it is wood, gas, or pellet, it is a method to keep us at a pleasant temperature on cold winter days. For this reason, the care and maintenance of a fireplace are essential to enjoy its enjoyable benefits. The best way to carry out this tedious job is by using an ash vacuum cleaner, which will allow you to carry out this task in no time, in an easy, comfortable, and practical way.
What is an ash vacuum cleaner?
It is a device made up of a large hollow, metallic cylinder, in which the ashes collected by the suction it exerts are deposited inside. Also, it has a porous paper filter that prevents the ashes from going out again; thus, they remain accumulated inside the container.
A fireplace vacuum is primarily used to clean ash from fireplaces, outdoor grills, and wood stoves. We cannot use any vacuum cleaner for this task as they could not withstand the ash heat and would be damaged.
What is an ash vacuum machine for?
If you have a fireplace that works using wood or pellets at home, surely since you have realized that they leave a lot of ashes at the end, that, of course, must be cleaned. Cleaning can be done quickly with a brush and a particular collector for these occasions or through an ash vacuum cleaner.
If you are looking for greater comfort, it is best to buy a good chimney ash collector, through which you can collect all the ashes quickly and without getting dirty at all. If you still do not have it, it is because you undoubtedly have not tried it. But, without a doubt, with this ash vacuum cleaner with just one pass, the vacuum collects all the ashes, making the cleaning process very simple.
How to use a dirt vacuum?
In winter, the stove or fireplace is used a lot, so we also have to bear in mind that they need maintenance. When we have the fireplace full of ashes, we have two options to clean it: drag a dustpan with a shovel or another option, much faster and cleaner, use a chimney vacuum cleaner.
An ash vacuum cleaner differs from other vacuum cleaners by its structure, suction tube, and metal nozzle. However, it is used in the same way. Here’s how to do it:
- To clean the ash with the vacuum cleaner, you have to wait until there are no small pieces of embers that are still burning, thus avoiding possible burns or minor illnesses. The vacuum cleaner, being metallic, will possibly increase its temperature, and you could burn yourself if you do not use protective gloves.
- To start using it, the first thing you should do is connect it and then suck up all the ashes from the fireplace.
- After we have removed all the ash from the fireplace, you can use it as a natural fertilizer if you have a garden. The ashes are rich in phosphorus and potassium, and also absorb a large amount of water.
- With the chimney clean of ash, the combustion will improve notably, since it does not obstruct the grates’ oxygen intake.
What uses can I give a chimney ash catcher?
The uses that you can give to this type of ash vacuum machine are elementary. Also, they are very versatile devices that you can easily use at home and work since they provide you with a complete cleaning quickly and very easily.
Uses in the home
- Grill cleaning.
- Cleaning of smokehouses, where the ashes of the wood are deposited.
- Cleaning of fireplaces and salamanders.
- Cleaning of wood-burning ovens.
- Cleaning small smelting furnaces where charcoal is used.
Uses at work
- It can be used on large grills in restaurants and food stalls.
- Deep cleaning of pizza ovens, bakers, and other similar ones, where the food’s calcined particles are deposited.
- Cleaning of solid combustion boilers.
- Cleaning of smoke boxes, fire beds, and steam locomotive boilers.
- Cleaning of incinerators in pathological waste disposal centers.
Why is it necessary to have an ash vacuum machine?
Mainly, it is for safety reasons, as a small amount of the ash may still be hot enough to melt plastics; In the case of this vacuum cleaner, the metal container protects the user and the rest of the appliance from the heat produced. It also protects the suction pump and other mechanisms from filling and abrasion caused by ash particles, which are often abrasive.
In a traditional vacuum cleaner, the suction originates through a porous fabric bag that, upon receiving the ashes, begins to get stuck, with which, after a while, it will no longer be possible to filter the air. Thus the vacuum cleaner loses its effectiveness. The filter that includes these ash vacuum cleaners prevents the particles from being agglutinated, and they fall into the metal container.
What type of vacuum cleaners are you looking for?
- Best Corded Broom Vacuums
- Best Cordless Broom Vacuums
- Best 2-in-1 Broom Vacuums
- Best Philips Handheld Vacuums
- Best Nilfisk Hand Vacuums
- Best Floor Mops
- Best Ash Vacuum Cleaner
How to choose the best ash vacuum cleaner?
When choosing a vacuum cleaner specialized in the collection of ash from chimneys or any other type, it is necessary to consider a series of aspects that will help you choose the model that best suits your needs.
- Weight and size: The best thing is that your ash vacuum cleaner is a powerful model and not too big or bulky. Although this cannot always be accomplished. But, you must know how much weight you can carry or how much you are willing to accept. The good news is that there are currently light and small models that are very powerful. You also have to consider the space you have at home. Well, if you don’t have a lot of storage space, you will have to buy a smaller and simpler model. But, if you have enough space, then weight or size won’t be an issue.
- Types: It must be taken into account that there are different types of chimney ash collectors. So there may be some type that is much more convenient than another. Professional models are more expensive, but they are a good option if we have a restaurant or business in which a lot of ashes accumulate. There are also them with a water filter. It is essential to know the various models out there. Thus, you will know which one is best for you in every way.
- Accessories included: The nozzles and hose included must be made of materials that resist high temperatures, the most recommended being metal or heat-resistant plastic.
- Capacity: The amount of ash that a vacuum cleaner can accumulate is measured in solid or liquid liters, so it is advisable to choose a high capacity model if you need to clean a large space or large amounts of waste.
- Materials: The tank must also be designed to withstand high temperatures, just as the engine is positioned so that the ashes do not obstruct it.
- Hose length: This aspect should be taken into account if you intend to use the vacuum cleaner in small spaces in size and long in the distance, such as fireplaces or ovens.
- Filter: Try to choose a model with some filter, since the filters make the air after vacuuming it pure, thanks to its great power to retain dust and ash. Of course, the filter must be cleaned periodically.
- Design: It is important to note that creating this type of vacuum cleaner is not usually pretty. Therefore, the system has to be one of the last aspects you consider to enjoy a high-quality model.
- Cleaning and maintenance: Ashes are more complex than dust when cleaning, which means that cleaning this vacuum cleaner takes a little more time. But, we need to know whether this ash vacuum cleaner is easy to clean or not. There are models in which it is straightforward to remove the tank and clean it. The same goes for maintenance; a higher-end model with more significant functions will be more expensive and need more attention. Depending on the use that you will give, one that requires more or less maintenance will suit you.
Safety tips when using a dirt vacuum
It is essential to keep a chimney free of ash, as this improves its operation to the extent that adequate airflow is maintained to enhance combustion. However, to keep it clean, we must use an ash vacuum cleaner, it is a handy device, but we must take into account some tips:
- The cylinder’s opening must only be done with the appliance stopped, turned off and unplugged, to avoid risks of electrocution.
- Use filters compatible with the make and model; The use of other filters can not only result in incorrect aspiration; It can also put the vacuum cleaner and the user’s health at risk by expelling the particles outside.
- Never carry out the ambition of ashes with the usual household vacuum cleaner; Particles will clog filters and cause engine damage. Instead, it uses fine filters, which allow you to connect the vacuum cleaner through a tube and are used as aspiration intermediaries.
- Always wear a mask and goggles. If for any reason, you trip over the storage cylinder and it opens, the particles will invade the environment, causing you respiratory problems.
How much money should you spend on a chimney vacuum cleaner?
The best products are generally more expensive and not only for their materials, but you also pay for their functions and accessories. When investing in ash vacuum cleaners, the ideal is to know the differences between the highest and most affordable prices.
- Cheaper ash vacuum cleaners (less than € 50): They are the most affordable and perfect options to fulfill your task and just as functional as their higher-end competitors, however, they can be a bit more ostentatious or include fewer functions.
- Better quality ash vacuum cleaners (more than € 50): In this price range are the higher range products; these have multiple options, are usually easier to handle, and have accessories that can optimize their performance included in the purchase, being the best option for a first purchase.
Where to buy a chimney ash catcher?
Many stores have a large number of offers and prices that can be taken advantage of. However, we will find the best options and prices online since the recommendations obtained are more significant, and we will have excellent catalogs.
- Ash vacuum cleaners from Amazon: It is currently the most popular platform on the Internet to make purchases online. It is a secure, fast, and easy-to-use portal, ideal to find the best offers and best quality products and the most varied equipment by its brand.
- Carrefour ash vacuum cleaners: This store has little availability of vacuum cleaners of this type, approaching the non-existent availability online, being one of the least recommended platforms to search for this product.
- Media Markt ash vacuum cleaners: Today, this portal has a single effect from an available brand, one of the least recommended to buy specialized ash collection machines.
- El Corte Inglés ash vacuum cleaners: This website does not have a very extensive catalog to be considered the best option. It has a few brands, mostly similar types. Therefore, it is best to look for other search options.
- Leroy Merlin Ashes Vacuum – This store is ideal when it comes to purchasing products for home repair, gardening, DIY, and household products. They have availability for this type of work, but keep in mind that their variety is not too wide; they mostly have medium / low range models.
Advantages of using a chimney vacuum, what are its strengths?
If you have already made the decision about which ash vacuum to buy, but you still do not know the benefits it can offer you, here are some of the advantages that you will enjoy having one of the best ash vacuum cleaners at home.