What is the best robot vacuum cleaner?
Are you tired of arguing with dust, lint, and hair around the house and don’t want to be sweeping every day?
Don’t worry. We bring you the solution, robot vacuum cleaners. These are intelligent automatic vacuum cleaners that will leave you the perfect home without you having to worry about anything.
A product that has been on the market for more than a decade and has not stopped improving until it has become an essential household product for cleaning it; they even mop the floor.
If to all this, you add that prices have dropped a lot and now it is a more accessible appliance for everyone (even below 200 euros), it becomes the perfect element for cleaning the home. Here we bring you the best robot vacuum cleaners on the market in value for money, and we hope it will be of great help.
- Battery type: Lithium-ion. Voltage: 21.6v. Honest Capacity: 5000 mAh.More longer than other replacement batteries
- Perfectly Compatible with V6 DC58 DC59 DC61 DC72 DC74 DC62 SV03 SV04 SV05 SV06 SV07 SV09 Animal Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
- Made of high quality 18650 cells, no memory effect, can be charged or discharged as needed without loss of capacity....
- Products are CE certified, tested by manufacturer to match or exceed the quality of OEM products. And exported North...
- Fhybat offer 24-hour online service. Any questions please feel free to contact us by email.
- High Performance digital motor spins at up to 420 miles per hour for powerful cordless cleaning performance
- 22v Lithium ion Battery offers cordless convenience with three cleaning modes
- Our patented Tangle Free Brush Roll spins up to 3200 RPM, leaving no hair wrap behind and making it the vacuum for pet...
- The Mess Free Dirt Tank with Clean Slide Technology allows you control the dust and dander to eliminate the clean up...
- Easily converts to a hand or high reach vacuum, so you can clean more spaces with a single, innovative machine
- High performance cordless vacuum for whole home use featuring a 450W motor and up to 120W of suction power for deep,...
- Single 2500mAH Lithium Battery provides up to 40 minutes of uninterrupted runtime, great for whole-home cleaning.
- Easily converts to a handheld vacuum with versatile attachments to reach corners, stairs and crevices.
- Extra large 0.6L dustbin captures dirt and pet hair.
- A11 HERO model includes: Full-size LED Multi-tasker Power Brush, Mini Power Brush, Pre-Filter(2), Pre-Filter Cleaning...
- 【More Capacity Longer working Time】Made with high quality lithium battery cells,3500mAh high capacity, last much...
- 【Excellent Compatibility】Replacement dc58 Battery for Dyson V6 SV03 SV04 SV05 SV06 SV07 SV09 DC58 DC59 DC61 DC72...
- 【SAFE TO USE】This Dyson V6 battery is well designed with safety mechanisms, which can protect against overcharge,...
- 【Light Indicates】Steady blue means charging, light off means charging completed. If you have any questions, please...
- 【Great after Sale Service】1 year money back warranty for any quality problems, if you have any questions or advice,...
- 【Battery Feature】: 21.6V, 4000mAh, Lithium-ion no memory effects. CE, FCC, PSE, RoHS Safe Certified, you don’t...
- 【Fully Compatible with V6】: Replacement Battery, Not Original. Compatible with V6 DC58 DC59 DC61 DC62 DC72 DC74,...
- 【4.0Ah Higher Capacity】: Can be charged with original V6 charger about 3 hours. 4.0Ah higher capacity means longer...
- 【Easy to Install & Safe Charge】: Easy install and it fits perfectly.Cleaning up all the dog hair and whatever else...
- 【Warm Note】: Just after using the battery, the battery will heat up. This is a normal phenomenon. Please do not...
- Dyson's most intelligent, powerful cordless vacuum. Twice the suction of any cordless vacuum.
- Dyson technology helps create a cleaner, healthier home - Our vacuums and purifiers are scientifically proven to capture...
- Engineered for whole-home, deep cleaning. Suction power, run time and tools designed to deep clean your whole home.
- Intelligently optimizes suction and run time across all floor types. The right balance of power and run time when you...
- Up to 60 minutes of run time. Engineered for larger homes with pets. Actual run time will vary based on power mode,...
- Efficient Cordless Cleaning: Powered by the latest motor technology the Rapid Clean makes cleaning convenient and...
- 40 Minutes Long Lasting Runtime: Up to 40 min of fade-free runtime. Easily switch to MAX power on fingertip controls to...
- Easy Rest Feature: Need to take a break? The specially designed Easy Rest nook allows you to safely prop the vacuum up...
- Under Furniture Reach: We moved the dust cup to the front so you can lay the vacuum completely flat to reach under beds...
- LED Headlights: Bright beams light the way so you can see dust and debris that might otherwise have been missed and make...
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction
- Up to 30 minute's run time when using a non-motorized tool. Detachable battery: Non-detachable
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s...
- Direct drive cleaner head; Up to 6 minutes of fade free power (in Max mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to...
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and...
- 【Advanced Dual Powerful Motor】This APOSEN cordless vacuum cleaner is equipped with dual powerful motors, provide up...
- 【Detachable Battery Vacuum】Rechargeable vacuum offers 2 adjustable modes and ensures a thorough cleaning with its...
- 【Filter 99.99% of Microscopic Dust】4-stage filtration with a high-density HEPA filter can filter 99.99% of...
- 【LED & High-Performance Floor Brush】 With an ergonomic-designed handle and flexible floor brush head with LED floor...
- 【Lightweight & Versatile】light vacuum cleaner weighs only 3lb, It can easily convert from stick vac to a handheld...
- Cord free. Hassle free. Filtration : Washable lifetime filter. Whole machine HEPA filtration captures allergens and...
- Up to 30 minutes of continuous suction. Trigger releases instantly. Battery power is only used for cleaning....
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning. Instant-release trigger means battery power is only used while it’s...
- Direct drive cleaner head. Up to 6 minutes of fade-free power (in MAX mode). Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to...
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V7 and engineered to pick up ground-in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and...
Tips for comparing and choosing a good cleaning robot
When buying the best automatic vacuum cleaner on the market about value for money, you should consider some aspects:
- Types of floor: You must always consider the kind of foundation your vacuum cleaner will work on; it is not the same if your foot is a tile, parquet, mop, or carpet. It is important because some models of smart vacuum cleaners do not respond well on hard or soft floors, or perhaps their brushes or rollers are too aggressive for that type of bed and can damage it.
- Autonomy: The battery life is critical, depending on the size of the area you want to clean. The average battery life is usually between 1h and 3h, depending on the quality of the model you have purchased. When looking at the battery life that the manufacturer gives you, keep in mind that it will generally be an approximation since it can last longer if you have the vacuum cleaner in eco mode or less if it is at its maximum power.
- Rollers: It is another point to take into account, generally in the maintenance tasks that we will talk about later, it is usually necessary to clean the rollers of the device so that they can perform their work efficiently, you have some types of rollers that are anti-hook and usually avoid this type of jams when working in more difficult areas such as carpets, etc.
- Noise: You also have to take into account the noise level of these robot vacuum cleaners, since although it is silent, it will always make some noise, it continually tests an amount of noise that you can tolerate and is not too annoying or you can also take into account when you are going to schedule its cleaning since if you do it while you are at work, this section would not matter, it is recommended that it be below 70 dB.
- Filter: An essential point since your vacuum cleaner will raise dust and dirt, these can remain in the air if the filter you use is not good, it is best to use HEPA filters since they are usually right technology, the Roomba brand uses AeroVac filters that It is your version of HEPA filter.
- Orientation system: This part is the one that determines the price of the product and makes it more or less expensive, the cheapest models move from a random area to the floor to be cleaned, they have an obstacle detector that prevents them from colliding and changing its direction; however, the most advanced models have a house mapping system that creates a plane of the surface to be cleaned, and they follow it intelligently, to be more efficient.
Buying guide Which robot vacuum to buy?
The broom, dustpan, and brush are no longer an option for cleaning the house unless you prefer to invest hours and hours of your time each week in it.
What if we replace all that junk at home with an automatic vacuum cleaner that leaves your house ready without you having to worry?
It is an investment to improve your quality of life that will save many hours of your time to invest in your family, hobbies, or work.
While it is true that unless you buy a high-end robot vacuum cleaner, you will always have to do some general cleaning from time to time, these appliances save you a lot of hours.
What type of vacuum cleaners are you looking for?
- Best Philips Handheld Vacuums
- Best Nilfisk Hand Vacuums
- Best Floor Mops
- Best Ash Vacuum Cleaner
- Best Bagless Industrial Vacuums
- Best Bagless Vacuum Cleaners
- Best Steam Mops
- Best Handheld Vacuums
- Best Cordless Vacuums
- Best Quiet Vacuums
- Best Stick Vacuums
What is a robot cleaner?
The name is entirely accurate, but it will not hurt to detail and expand the idea a bit. A robot vacuum cleaner – in English called robovac (robotic vacuum cleaner) – is a vacuum cleaner to clean, generally for domestic use due to its limited power, which also has the characteristic of being a robot, that is, it is possible to program tasks and instructions, and that it will do them autonomously. This autonomy includes mobility: a robot vacuum cleaner can move around and make decisions on its own, always based on the instructions that have been programmed for it.
Unfortunately, or fortunately, these robots do not have the shape that comes to mind when we hear the word “robot.” They are not humanoid, nor do they have feet or arms. They are small and operate at ground level. They generally use tires to move around; They are circular or oval, and their approximate size ranges between 20 and 40 centimeters in diameter. They are considered within the broader category of domestic robots.
Types of robot vacuum cleaners for cleaning
The world of robot vacuum cleaners continues to evolve by leaps and bounds, and today you have several types of models depending on your needs, you must compare one or the other, some of which are:
- Vacuum robots: They are the typical automatic vacuum cleaners of a lifetime, their function is to suck up dust and dirt from the house.
- Robots mop or mop: It is a type of robot vacuum cleaner that uses water and detergent on the floor, brushes it, and then sucks up all that water to leave the base ready.
- Mop robots: This type of automatic vacuum cleaner is responsible for passing a dry or wet mop on our house; it does not suck up dirt.
- Hybrid robots: They are robots that, in addition to sucking up dirt and dust, can also wipe the floor with a wet or dry mop, they are the new robot vacuum cleaner models coming onto the market with increasing frequency.
How much does a good robot vacuum cleaner cost?
It depends on the type of automatic robot you want to buy, in this type of products its cost is always essential since it is a crucial indicator of the quality of the work, there are usually no models with a high price if it is not because they are high-quality models with unique technology to sweep and scrub the house entirely.
The higher the quality of the robot cleaner, the higher its price, in this type of product, the cost is synonymous with quality and durability.
So a cheap robot vacuum is not a good option? It doesn’t have to be that way, but you should bear in mind that the robot mop or sweeper you buy will have a quality according to its price and may be very basic or it did not last too long starts to give problems.
It is recommended in this type of product is to choose a model between € 200 and € 300 to have the primary benefits, and if you want something more advanced, it can be between € 300 and € 500.
Keep in mind that it is always advisable to buy a quality and durable product rather than something cheap that breaks quickly, and you have to be investing money back in work over and over again.
Parts of an automatic vacuum cleaner
Not all models of smart vacuum cleaners have these components, but they are usually quite widespread among the majority:
It is one of the essential elements since our automatic vacuum cleaner’s autonomy will depend on it; it usually lasts between 2h and 4h.
- Charging base
This charging base is a complement that the vacuum cleaner uses to charge itself, whenever this low battery will cause its charging center to recover energy again to continue its cleaning process.
It is the part of the device designed to accumulate all the dirt and dust that it collects from the house, this deposit is often one of the details for which the vacuum cleaner can have a higher cost since depending on its quality the smart vacuum cleaner will be more or less efficient.
It is the part in charge of capturing all the dirt particles, pollen, or other allergens in the ground, and they usually must be replaced from time to time so that they remain effective.
It is the part that allows the robot vacuum cleaner to move around the house, and they usually have between 3 and 4 wheels depending on each model.
They usually have two types of sensors, on the one hand, the infrared sensors that measure the proximity of the vacuum cleaner with some object or obstacle such as a wall or furniture to avoid it and not collide with them, on the other hand, there are the fall sensors that are responsible for detecting the distance of the vacuum cleaner with the ground so that it falls down the stairs or similar.
Maintenance of your sweeping robot
This type of product is intended for domestic use. It is not usually for use in basements, warehouses, or industrial areas and requires a series of maintenance tips to have a life as long as possible.
- Maintenance of filters and brushes: The usual thing is that after each use, you clean the filter and empty its tank. Otherwise, this can cause the suction capacity of the vacuum cleaner to be significantly reduced. You should also remove the brushes and clean them, taking a unique look at the bearings and the rollers’ edges where more dirt accumulates.
- Maintenance of the wheels of the vacuum cleaner: It is also advisable to clean the wheels of the vacuum cleaner, especially the front ones so that they work correctly, remove the wheel and clean it so that it does not generate any problem when using again.
- Maintenance of the vacuum sensors: If a lot of dirt accumulates in the sensors’ areas, it can cause them not to work correctly, always take a look to remove any substance that may get on the fall detectors or obstacles.
- Battery maintenance: To achieve the best performance and efficiency of the vacuum cleaner, it is advisable to charge the battery for 14 hours before using it for the first time and usually also in the three subsequent charges, if your model returns to the base in less time each time. Charging it is probably time to use a replacement battery.
With these tips, you can extend the life of your model quite a bit.
Questions and answers about robot sweepers and mops
What is the best-selling robot cleaner?
Although not always the right product, it is a good idea to know which one is the best seller. It gives us clues about what people are looking for the most, either for its quality or price and, hopefully, both. So if you are looking to buy a robot vacuum cleaner, you might like to know the one that more people have bought. With the caveat that the best seller is not always a suitable option, now I tell you which is the best selling robot vacuum cleaner.
The best-selling robot vacuum cleaner is Cecotec’s Conga Excellence. Perhaps its good value for money is the reason for this. Without eagerness to disdain this popular model, I recommend choosing one of the ones that I listed right here. Following the criterion of popularity, the option would be the iRobot Roomba 650, the best-selling of those I have recommended above, and the third robot vacuum cleaner with the most registered sales.
What is the quietest floor cleaning robot?
It may be a coincidence, but the quietest robot vacuum cleaner on the market is not circular, but square. And I must say that in this they have won the game over iRobot, which makes very friendly and useful vacuum cleaners, but still cannot silence them completely. In reality, still, no brand manages to make its vacuuming robot completely silent. But they have managed to reduce the noise it produces when operating. Excessive sound is an evil that vacuum cleaners of all kinds have been dragging along for a long time, and it has also touched the automatic ones.
Without further ado, I will tell you that the LG Hombot Square is the robot vacuum cleaner that makes the least noise. Its average is around 60 decibels, which is quite tolerable and does not hurt your hearing. Although it might seem that it does, its square shape has nothing to do with the noise it makes, but with a design issue that allows it not only to differentiate itself but also to reach corners that other models cannot clean. This model is the quietest there is for now. Hopefully, soon we can buy one that barely makes any sounds.
Who Invented Smart, Pneumatic Vacuum Robots?
In this sense, the truth is not told. The prototype that is registered is the Electrolux Trilobite, from the Swedish firm Electrolux and appeared in 1996. Five years later, in 2001, the British company Dyson unveiled its model called DC06, which was too expensive to produce for go to market. Here’s the background, but massive robot vacuums hit the market by iRobot.
In 2002, iRobot surprised the world with Roomba, a functional robot vacuum cleaner that was also marketable. The authorship of the said robot is controversial, and I would say shared. I believe that those who designed the Roomba are the ones who gave the robot vacuum cleaners to the world as something accessible and not just as a prototype that no one could have. On the one hand, Helen Greiner was inspired by the robot from the Star-Wars saga to design the Roomba. She has also made prototypes and designs of robots for military purposes. On the other hand, there is Joe Jones, one of the first employees of iRobot, and was very involved in its development.
Advantages of autonomous vacuum cleaners
Some of the advantages when buying a robot vacuum cleaner are:
- The autonomy of the appliance: A point in favor of these automatic vacuum cleaners is that they charge themselves, they go to their charging base once they have low battery, so we do not have to worry about their status or be aware of setting them all the time when it is finished loading it will continue cleaning the floor where it left off before going to its loading center.
- They are programmable: The models that are usually above € 200 give you the option of programming them to start cleaning at a particular time, in this way you can have the house cleaned while you are at work always to have it perfect when you arrive.
- Cleaning especially dirty carpets or floors: Thanks to their advanced technology, many of these models clean the carpet, avoid obstacles or clean areas of the foot more efficiently if they detect more dirt than average, such as if your dog comes home full of dirt or your child spills something on the ground (this only on some specific models).
- They clean in areas that are difficult to access: For example under furniture, they are so small that they can enter under areas that are otherwise difficult to clean, under the sofa, beds, or side tables.